Weeknight Herb Mustard Chicken
Chef Bertrand Alepée invites you into his kitchen to give you the basics of the "en papillote" method of cooking with a simple, fast recipe for mouth-watering chicken. Combine this delicious recipe with roasted garlic potatoes and steamed asparagus to create a quick gourmet meal.
4 chicken breasts, boneless, skin on
4 tbsp (60mL) Dijon mustard
2 tbsp (30mL) 35% cream
1 sprig each of rosemary and thyme
4 sprigs of tarragon
1 tbsp (15mL) chopped fresh garlic
2 tbsp (30mL) of oil
Salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Heat up the oil in a non-stick pan, season the
chicken with salt and pepper, then crisp the skin
in the pan until golden brown.
3. Spread 1 tbsp of mustard mixed with garlic on
4. Place the chicken in an even layer in a Culinary
Parchment Cooking Bag on rimmed baking sheet.
5. Spread the herbs and the cream evenly in the bag.
6. Fold over open edge twice and crimp well.
Bake for 15-20 minutes.
7. Open bag carefully and let stand for a few minutes.
Enjoy! For easy clean-up, simply dispose of the bag in your compost bin.
Bring French Tradition to your weeknights...
America's Test Kitchen Winner:PaperChef Parchment Cooking Bags