- 1 red or green pepper, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- large tomato, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) tomato paste
- 1 ½ teaspoons (7 mL) Italian seasoning (or ½ tsp/2 mL each basil, oregano and thyme)
- ½ teaspoon (2 mL) salt
- ¼ teaspoon (1 mL) pepper
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) chopped fresh basil or parsley
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, combine vegetables. In a small bowl, stir together oil, tomato paste, seasoning (or herbs), salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss gently. Spoon into Culinary Parchment Cooking Bag on rimmed baking sheet.
- Fold over open edge twice and crimp well. Bake 45 minutes.
- Open bag and let stand a few minutes. Sprinkle with basil and serve with Parmesan cheese.
Serve with roast or grilled meat or with pasta. Serves 4.
Enjoy! For easy clean-up, simply dispose of the bag in your compost bin.
Bring French Tradition to your weeknights...
America's Test Kitchen Winner:PaperChef Parchment Cooking Bags