When cooked correctly brussels sprouts are exceptional in taste, texture and nutritional value. The Culinary Parchment Cooking Bag en papillote technique is a fabulous way to cook them quickly, infuse them with spices or herbs of choice and retain their "meaty" firmness.
- 2 big handfuls brussels sprouts
- 2-3 tablespoons (30-45mL)olive oil
- ½ lemon
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Trim ends and halve brussels sprouts and place in a medium bowl.
- Season with olive oil, salt and pepper and toss well to coat sprouts in oil. Add to parchment bag, close and fold down the end three times to seal.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest on stove. Carefully open the bag, but watch out for the steam! The sprouts should be browned and tender.
- Finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
For an interesting presentation, try taking the parchment cooking bag of brussels sprouts straight from oven to table and place on a serving dish.
Enjoy! For easy clean-up, simply dispose of the bag in your compost bin.
Bring French Tradition to your weeknights...
America's Test Kitchen Winner:PaperChef Parchment Cooking Bags