Join Chef Bertrand Alépée in the kitchen as he mixes up a batch of his savory breakfast muffins using Culinary Parchment Baking Cups. Perfect for breakfast, brunch or as a snack throughout the day. Bon Appétit!
These featured breakfast muffins are a savory combination of ham, cheddar and green olives. Choose from three sizes of Culinary Parchment non-stick Baking Cups – Mini, Large and Extra Large. These can be baked in advance and stored in the freezer until ready to eat. Just defrost in the microwave for a few minutes in the morning for a well balanced breakfast on the go.
- 1 cup (250mL) flour
- 4 eggs
- 6 tablespoons (90mL) olive oil
- 4 tablespoons (60mL) dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons (10mL) baking powder
- 1 cup (250mL) ham cut into 1” (2.5cm) cubes
- 1 cup (250mL) grated cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup (175mL) chopped green olives
- ½ cup (125mL) scallions
- salt & pepper
- 12 Large size Culinary Parchment Baking Cups
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Put flour and baking powder in mixing bowl, form a well in the middle and place the eggs in the center.
- Whisk the eggs slowly, incorporating the flour while adding the olive oil then the wine to obtain a nice uniform batter.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Pour mixture into muffin tins or individual ramekin dishes lined with LARGE size culinary parchment baking cups.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Allow muffins to rest for 20 minutes.
Makes 6 large size muffins.