Try this beautiful South Asian recipe. Roasted and caramelized cauliflower, prepared with an aromatic blend of traditional Indian spices will provide another vegetable centerpiece for a harvest meal. Cooked on a baking sheet lined with Culinary Parchment Multipurpose Paper, this golden spiced beauty is a lively mouthwatering delight.
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and cut into 1” (2.5 cm) slices
- 4 tablespoons (60 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon (5mL) ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 mL) cayenne, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place cauliflower in a large mixing bowl and drizzle with vegetable oil.
- In a small bowl, combine cumin, coriander, turmeric and cayenne and stir to combine. Sprinkle the spice mixture over cauliflower and use your hands to gently toss, making sure to coat each piece with the oil and spices.
- Arrange cauliflower in an even layer on each baking sheet and season with salt.
- Roast for 25-35 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender and the edges are nicely browned.