Weeknight Spicy Moroccan Chickpeas
- 19 oz (540 mL) can chick peas, drained, rinsed and well drained
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each: ground cumin, ground coriander and salt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) each: smoked or sweet paprika, garlic powder and pepper
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) each: cayenne and cinnamon
- Couscous or rice
- Chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a bowl, toss chick peas with oil.
- In a small bowl, combine all seasonings, sprinkle over chick peas and toss to coat evenly, Place in an even layer in Culinary Parchment Cooking Bag on rimmed baking sheet.
- Fold over open edge twice and crimp well. Bake 15 minutes. Open bag and let stand a few minutes.
- Serve over couscous or rice and sprinkle with parsley or cilantro. Makes 2 cups (500 mL) chick peas.
Enjoy! For easy clean-up, simply dispose of the bag in your compost bin.
Bring French Tradition to your weeknights...
America's Test Kitchen Winner:PaperChef Parchment Cooking Bags